UCHealth Medical Fitness
Health clubs & Fitness centers
For lifelong health, we’re here for you!
UCHealth Medical Fitness (MedFit for short) aims to promote active healthy lifestyles to help prevent and lower the risk of developing chronic diseases, such as diabetes and heart disease, as well as to help recover from illness or injury. A medical fitness center, located in Windsor, CO, identifies and utilizes a person’s unique medical profile to design a safe, medically supervised fitness program as a necessary component to achieve optimum health, prevent and treat disease and/or injury.
Members might be anyone in the community who wants to increase their overall fitness level, including:
• someone with known coronary artery disease and prior heart attack
• an executive who’s been told he/she has high blood pressure
• a grandmother or grandfather at risk for falls
• an arthritic patient who gets significant relief with warm water therapy
• women who are pregnant or post-partum as well as many others who would benefit from a medically supervised fitness program.
One of MedFit’s distinguishing factors is that all members benefit from programs delivered by highly trained and certified staff; supervised by medical director Dr. Patrick Green. Standardized assessment tools are used to identify individual medical needs or concerns and help design a validated and safe exercise prescription specifically for that person.
Our goal is to help implement a fitness routine that maximizes benefit, is enjoyable, and is safe over the long term.
Other goals of medical fitness are to provide education to the community regarding healthy lifestyle